Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blessed


Last night, while in bed, I was thinking to myself, "What on earth have I done to deserve such people in my life? People who actually think I'm good enough even when I've had doubts myself. People who believe in me no matter how much I've failed. I'm so flawed, and yet they take me as I am?"

It was then that I knew that I am blessed.

I'm blessed to have grandparents who loved me in ways that simply can't be describe in words. They gave me a childhood that I wouldn't trade for anything else. I knew I was a little different from my classmates, for I lived with my grandparents and not my parents. And to my surprise, it never crossed my mind once that I should have it any other way. That's not to say that I have never wondered how it'd be like if it was the other way, but things happen for a reason and I'm glad it happened. To this day, I'm still that seven-year-old child who holds onto her grandma's hand while crossing the road, ride in the back seat with a smile on her face while her grandpa drives and share ice-cream with her grandparents on the way out of a supermarket.

I'm blessed to have friends. Every single day that I'm with my friends, they surprise me with their absurd antics. They make me feel normal, while other people think I'm slightly crazy. But more than that, they make me smile when I need it the most.

Now I don't know what I've done to deserve these people in my life. What I know is that they would stand by me even at my worst, when they are in no way obliged to. Believing in me when I'm in doubt of myself, making me feel like I'm good enough, and teaching me ways of life I would have never learned anywhere else. And I truly thank God for sending these amazing people into my life.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...