Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Live in the moment


I have a Maths exam and a Commerce assignment due in tomorrow -- and quite honestly, I'm no where close to finishing my revision or starting the assignment. And yet, surprisingly, I'm not one bit worried. It's becoming clearer and clearer to me these few months that I should just live in the moment.

When I was in Grade 1, I used to fret all the time about my marks, and if I got under 90%, I would be upset with myself for the whole week. Silly, I know right? Then, as primary school progresses, I realised that all I needed to do was just do my best and leave it up to fate. Although I still get good marks by most people's standards today, I don't worry about it anymore. They're just marks.

To me, I don't want to look back in my high school years and see that all I've done was work hard and not live in the moment. What does living in the moment exactly mean? I guess, for me, it's just not fretting about everything, including school. I don't want to look back and think, "Why was I so hard on myself?" I want to make the most of life. Just slow down. School should be full of memories, and not stress about assignments.

I understand that to some people, school is important. I see it in so many people at my school. And I agree. Education is important and does determine how our future is going to look like to some extent. However, value life. Yes, school is probably the centre of our lives at the moment, mine included -- but we shouldn't spend our days fretting over it. I'm not saying that you should go out and be reckless. Alright, perhaps a little. Just enjoy life, and once one learns to let go of his or her stresses, it will become a way of life.

Just relax, slow down and live in the moment.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...