Friday, October 7, 2011

Incredible two weeks


You know what's incredible?
- Four hours of sleep at a friend's place, a night of movie marathon and not feeling a slight bit tired at all. In fact feeling awesome. (No caffeine, I promise.)
- Having the best laughs with said friend.
- Going to a Lego Exhibition with two lovely girls, reliving one's childhood vicariously through it.
- Treating your mum to a movie (Crazy, Stupid, Love)
- Realising that that is the best joy that comes out of working.
- Finally finishing that book you've never found time to read.
- The sweet sunsets and gorgeous afternoon walks among the crisp spring air.

And that, my friends, happened in the past two weeks.

A few months ago, I came across this quote:
If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like and like so many things that we don't do?
It's true, and the simple answer is simple "because that's life". What a typical answer, but it's true. However, from then on, I unknowingly decided that I'll try to do things that I like as much as I can.

It's not easy. It's hard, because we only have so much time in a day, where we are supposed to so many things, which leaves little time for much else. Somehow I have found it to be possible, which is why we should treasure all the free time that we get. I really did these two weeks, and may these two weeks become a constant staple in my life.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...