Thursday, June 10, 2010

I wonder


Today, I wonder what I would’ve become without the people around me now.

My grandpa – the person that taught me everything about life, comforted me when I had a bad day at school, and chased me around the house and made me feel like the most special girl in the world. My grandma – the one who always managed to keep me in good health, looked after me when I was sick and always, always cared about me. She, too, made me feel like the most special girl in the world. I wonder what I would’ve become without them. I can’t.

And then there’s my other grandma. People always assume that I love her less because I had not lived with her, and had lived with my grandparents. And yes, although there are times that I wonder that myself, but I don’t reckon I do. She is as important as my parents and my grandparents. She’s always remained a crucial figure in my life, and always will.

Then there’s my mum – the one who could scrutinize me until there’s possibly no ground, but the one who would stay up at night when I’m at camp and like all mothers, care and worry too much. My dad - the one who I love spending time with; we share the same interests and tastes. The one who’s more interested than anyone about my friends, and the people I hang out with.

I wonder what I would’ve become today without them. I try very hard to imagine, to picture how my life would be shaped without them. I can’t. I try, but I can’t. There’s no other way I would have it. They’re really the best fit for my family. I could never ask for a better thing, so I thank God for giving me such a beautiful family. Sure, they have a few flaws – everyone does. But perhaps it’s their flaws, along with their great guidance had made me who I am today.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...