Friday, December 10, 2010

If today was your last day...


If today was my last day on Earth, what would I do? Often I find myself unable to sleep, asking myself questions like that. I could say that I would go all wild and do all the things I've always wanted to do but never did, like going bungee jumping or skydiving. I could get on a plane and go to every possible destination I could make it to. I could eat all the food I want. And I would, if it wasn't my last day.

It's confronting when I think about it and realise how little 24 hours is when coming to the conclusion that there would be many things I'd want to do in those hours. People I want to see. And no matter how much  right I do throughout my life, there would be regrets in those 24 hours without a doubt. However, when you think about it, why does it matter? And as I gather my thoughts, I realise that there are only a few things I would really need to do on my last day on Earth.

I would live the day like it's any other day of the year. I would spend the day with my loved ones -- share my favourite meal with them and doing everyday things like watching the telly and argue over something ridiculously silly. I would pack all my things so that my family wouldn't have go through all the trouble. I would perhaps visit my old primary school and relive the memories. Yes, I can be nostalgic like that. I would  use a time machine and see who Ted's wife really is on How I Met Your Mother, if technology permits. Oh, I'm kidding. No, the most important thing on that day is leaving here knowing that I have lived well. That I have lived a good life surrounded by people I love and proud of where I've reached in the end.

Now, it's getting late so I might try to head to sleep soon.
Do have think about it yourself -- what would you do if today was your last day?

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...