Friday, December 31, 2010

Tasmania Adventures: Day 4, Hobart - Devonport


After breakfast, we were back on the road for the last time. We made a stop at Mount Nelson (above) and many took the chance to have photos of themselves taken with the beautiful panoramic scenery in the background.

It striked me that I was a little different from my fellow tour mates. While they take every opportunity to have their photos taken during our trip, I immerse myself in the beautiful Tasmanian scenery and take the opportunity to capture the beauty in pictures. Going through my photos, I realised that I had only one photo of myself throughout the entire trip. I guess I'm more of a photography mused tourist; my love for photography is endless. According to my mum, I should take a photography class next year.


Our next destination - the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens.


Ever since I could remember, I didn't think much of botanical gardens. To me, they were huge posh gardens of plants everywhere with names that everyone had trouble pronouncing or remembering (or was it just me?). Even so, I really came to admire those who look after botanical gardens, for keeping the flora preserved so beautifully and creating a serene environment.



We stopped by Ross, viewed the historic Ross Bridge and many of us had scallop pies at Ross General Store, famous for their scallop pies. I had the chicken mushroom pie, second on their menu.We stopped a cheese, cherry and chocolate factory on our way back to Devonport, where our journey first began.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...