Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just the right one

There's this amazing person in my life. Tonight, we talked on the phone for a bit, and after a while, I said, "Hey, can I ask you a question?"

I was a little undecided about something, and about to make a decision, but I was at that tricky place where I wasn't really sure yet. So I asked him. And he answered, and led me to my decision - which was the original decision I had to start with, but I needed that little push he gave to make it. Sometimes, you know you're making the right decision, but it doesn't seem like the right one until it seems justified.

Throughout the phone call and his advice, it was surprising to me how much of what he said was what I had been feeling for these past few days. I understood so much of it, and it was like he was speaking my own mind, but in words - something which I had not been able to do. I had not been able to put what I was feeling into sense. I understood what I very much wanted to do, but many things swayed me. My mind was confused, but deep down I knew that it was the right decision - it was the right thing to do.

He led me on the right path. Even though I had knew the things he had said and had considered and reconsidered them many times past the few days, my mind was still a muddled one. But he cleared my mind. Just like that. The minute I talked to him, I had already knew what decision I was going to make. It was like, "Click. Michelle's brain is back into one piece again!"

He tells me about friendship. He says to me, "Someday you're going to find a friend who's just the right one. Perhaps not at your age now, but when you enter the adult world, you will find that friend someday."

And I have faith that I will. Someday. Little does he know that he's that friend. My friend, who I can talk to about anything. My friend, who I can trust without a trace of doubt. My friend, who I admire so much. My friend, who always seems to know how I'm feeling. I'm not really a good sharer or someone who will pour out all my feelings all at once, but with him, I can slowly let myself out. It feels so natural to just say, "Hey, can I ask a question?" without feeling bad or the slightest awkward. Even though I don't share nearly as much as I should with him, it's more than what I share with anyone. 

I truly thank God for him. It's after a phone call like that makes you so thankful for the people in your life, and their ability to touch you and understand you without even being remotely psychic. And that feeling is truly indescribable.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...