Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year


So, come every new year, I would think to myself, "Ooh, jolly, new year means new start!" Well, not when I was one. When I was one, I think I just thought, "What are these crazy sparkly things in the air? Are they people? OH MY GOODNESS, ARE THEIR BURNING PEOPLE?" Yeah, that's just my intelligence span back then. And back when I was one, my biggest worry would be whether I was going to get bathed. Let me tell you, I really, really hated baths. It's like the Loch Ness monster was going to come out of the bubbly water in my tub and kill me. Yeah, that was the extent of my fear.

My intelligence span hasn't changed that much since, but I know now that the crazy sparkly things are called fireworks, and it's not of burning people, just burning money. And the extent of my worries? Much bigger than the Loch Ness monster. Today, I over-think, I over-worry and I over-analyse just about everything. I over-antagonise myself over the past and over the littlest things, and you know what? I don't want to do that anymore.

So, this is what I've done. I have made my new year's resolutions. It doesn't guarantee me a new start, but it does give me the opportunity to make a commitment to myself. I know, I know. Who does new year's resolutions anymore? We never keep to them, and never will. And honestly, I cannot agree more. But I'm going to do it anyway.

My 2011 resolution:
Make the best out of everything. Don't over-think, just do.

In a way, this is my motto. It's how I want to live my life. I want to do things without thinking over it at least a gazillion times or over-worrying over over-worrying over it after I've done it. Cross that barrier that says 'Do Not Cross' and see what it feels like. Do things I wouldn't do in a million years. And most of all, see the best in everything. I really hope 2011 will be different, and I know that can only happen if I make it happen. Years will go by, but I will always believe that I can make a change or even the slightest difference in a new year.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...