Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Day at Jells Park (Birthday Post)


Birthdays are signficant, aren't they? Ever since we were young, our family made a huge deal of our birthdays. As we grow older, we get to choose how we celebrate our own birthdays and go on our own accord on making decisions of every single detail. Some of us take that opportunity, and some of us decide to waive it and leave it to our parents or friends. Or not celebrate it at all. I think everyone is different; I know people who go all out for their birthdays, some celebrate it among close friends and family and some prefer not to celebrate it.

I belong to the second category - I'm not huge on birthdays, but I like the fact that people do get together during birthdays. For me, being an only child, the people who got together this year were my parents. Yes, they're married and we live together, but the thing with today's society is that a lot of families don't see and talk to each other often enough. Mine included. So the day was really golden for me. We spent the day together at a gorgeous local park named Jells Park, with my parents walking together side by side, while me, being a person who brings a camera to everywhere she goes, trailed way behind, immersed by my beautiful surroundings.









2 comments:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

I'm pretty much the same - not big on birthdays, lagging behind, holding everyone up whilst snapping away!

Duncan In Kuantan

Unknown said...

Haha, glad I'm not the only one!


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...