Wednesday, April 20, 2011

KK Diaries Part 1: Gaya Street!

I'm in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, otherwise known as KK to the locals, my hometown! In the last week, I realised that there is just so much to discover here. Last Sunday, I went to the Pasar Tamu on Gaya Street for the first time. Gaya Street is the town centre of Kota Kinabalu, and on Sundays, Pasar Tamu is held there. Pasar is Malay for "market", Tamu for "open-air", and together, the famous open-air market is one of the locals' pride, showcasing the cultures and local produce of Sabah.

I was really amazed by the diversity of the local crafts on display and really enjoyed myself that day. It was something about the art, and moreso, the people surrounding you, that really makes you feel so good and the whole experience so incredible.





























No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...