Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11: Remembrance Day

At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the '11th year', many of us today paused for a minute of silence to remember those who sacrificed their lives and left their loved ones in the service for their country. Today we remember those soldiers who have suffered and died in the line of duty during the World War I. Today we commemorate the day of the official end of WWI ninety three years ago.


Today we reflect. We reflect closely.

I know for a fact that the soldiers who put their lives on their line every single day contribute to the comfort that I have right now. I don't know them, and I don't know what war's like, so I can't imagine the day to day terror they braved every single day. Missing their families. The uncertainty. Every single day. And my heart goes out to those who are still in war, and their families too. On Remembrance Day, we remember, we commemorate, and we reflect. Lest we forget.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...