Monday, August 30, 2010

Phone call

Today, I received a phone call from my aunt. In the background, I could hear my six-year-old cousin Isaac was playing the piano. Well, it wasn't really "in the background" seeing as the piano was what I could hear the most. He was playing away, and it's just wonderful to listen to him play. And even though I'm not there to see his face while he plays, I can hear that he truly, truly enjoys playing the piano. And he truly enjoys the music. He was playing Yes Jesus Loves Me over and over again. I could just imagine beads of sweat running down his face while he plays the same melody relentlessly because he's become so good at it.

After every piece, he would demand applause, and if you don't put your hands together, he might just eat you. No, I'm joking. He's awesome, but he does like his audience to applaud him. He's a beautiful boy. He can be annoying at times and so rebellious, but surprisingly, he's never really gotten on my nerves. I can chase him all day, and I can manage to stay patient even when he yells at the top his lungs. He can be so rebellious, but I know he's not a bad boy. When I'm with him, I'm just happy. He leads me into this little pathway where only the two of us can squeeze in, and then we just do whatever we want.

I know this all sounds a bit weird, but that's exactly how I feel about Isaac. We've had so many great memories, it's sort of unbelievable after six years with gaps everywhere. Sometimes I feel bad for not seeing him so often, and only once every year, unlike his other cousins who see him very often. I feel bad for not being there when he's losing his baby teeth and growing big gigantic ones. But there's really nothing I can do about it. All I can hope is that we won't lose our bond as he grows older, as some people do.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...