Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First days

I'm now on the train on my way to my first day at work. I'm not sure what the day will bring, but I guess I'm pretty stoked in a sense. This holidays I decided that I wasn't just going to just sit on my butt all day at home doing nothing. For the last six years or so, I've resorted to the computer and the telly to keep me occupied during the holidays. And let's face it, while I could be content at home having a six week telly marathon, I really could devote my time to something else. Gladly, I could watch Gibbs and DiNozzo all day, but I guess it's time to try something else. Why work? I have no idea. It just seemed like a good idea when it came to me a couple of weeks ago. And I hope all turns out well.

Being the first day of work, I've been reflecting upon my 'first days' in the past. My first day in kindergarten, my first piano lesson, my first day in primary school, the first day I step foot into Australia and many other first days. As I think about them, I realise that on each and every one of my first days, I've had a different emotion, whether it was being scared, afraid or excited.

During my first day of kindergarten, I remember feeling vague and a little scared. I can't remember my first day exactly, and can't recall my worry on the day. Somehow, every other kid in my class felt that way and to my relief, I didn't feel out of place at all. During my first piano lesson, I could not stop crying because I could not understand what my teacher was saying and felt strange sitting behind an electone. Soon enough, the teacher became my piano teacher for six years, before I moved to Australia. On the day I set foot into Australia, strange enough,  in a new country which I knew nothing about except for the fact that you had cute cuddly animals called koalas and 'weird jumpy things' called kangaroos, I felt completely normal. I was anxious on what the future would present me, but was excited about new things I would discover, being the ever-so-curious 10-year-old that I was.

Today, I think about these first days, and today being one day to be added to the list of first days, and how do I feel? I feel happy and content. I'm not scared, worried, nervous or even anxious. I'm just happy that I'm about the start my first day at work. I'm happy about doing something different, and something new.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...