Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cuckoo Restaurant, Melbourne

Today, I went to Cuckoo Restaurant, a 'smorgasbord' restaurant at Olinda, among the Dandenong Ranges.  With a little research, I discovered that a 'smorgasbord' is a type of Scandinavian meal served buffet-style. It was my first time at Cuckoo, and I absolutely loved it.


Can you believe that the picture above is of a painted landscape with houses, dolls, shrubs and the works beautifully positioned in front of the painting? True work of art, isn't it?

I really enjoyed my time at Cuckoo. The food was great (I wish I could've taken more photos), and so were the people. There was a live band playing German folk music throughout our time there, and they were warm and outgoing people with a great sense of humour. The atmosphere was absolutely wonderful, and that's what I enjoyed most about my first time at Cuckoo today.

I would definitely head back there for the second time, and I truly recommend Cuckoo to those of you who may visit Melbourne in the future, or is a local but have never been to Cuckoo before. They may not be a five-star or the best German restaurant, but they definitely will give you a five star experience.

No comments:


{2011} septemberaugustjulyjunemayaprilmarchfebruaryjanuary
{2010} decembernovemberoctoberseptemberaugustjulyjunemayapril

Blog by Michelle Kathryn 2010-2011. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...